Friday, January 18, 2008

Time to go to Sleep

Aria is so cute, everything about her just makes me smile.  When she was first born I tried to get her to take a binky, but she didn't like it at all.  I was worried I was in for another hard year like I had when Chase was a baby.  Luckily she found her soother fairly quickly.  I started to notice that when I would rock her to sleep she would put her mouth on her wrist or arm and kind of suck on it a little bit.  As she got a little bit older I noticed her doing it to her sleeve or a burp rag.  I could just put her down in her crib with a burp rag and she would put herself to sleep.  It was the funniest thing to watch.  When I put her in her pajamas at night she sucks on one sleeve for a second and then the other.  Her favorite things to sleep with are the blankets that Peggy made for her and the other kids.  She loves anything soft and fuzzy she can put her mouth up against.  In the car she often falls asleep with her mouth on the hood of her jacket.  This is when she was about 4 months old.

This is a picture I took of her yesterday while she was taking a nap.  I love how she hugs the blanket to her.  It used to worry me because I thought she was going to suffocate herself or something, but she's always breathing and doing just fine no matter how many times I go in and check on her.

I forgot to write about the funny part!  When she was trying to go to sleep that day I had put her down with her blanket.  About 15 minutes later I heard her crying, which seemed weird because she had been pretty tired and I thought she would fall asleep right away.  When I went in to check on her she had thrown both blankets and her burp rag out of her crib and she was standing there crying because she had nothing to help her fall to sleep.  As soon as I settled her back in with her blanket securely pressed to her mouth she quickly zonked out.

2 comments:

meg said...

What a sweet little girl, that's so funny how she sucks on her arm. Cute.

The Benches said...

Didn't know you have a blog! I love it! Your family is dang cute! Our blog is private, so I'll email you an invite from blogger, if you're interested in checking it out!