Friday, June 18, 2010

The Robes of Many Colors

Costco always has the cutest swim robes. When we were there a few weeks ago they didn't have any big enough for Michela and Hunter. The XL looked pretty tiny of them. I bought some for Chase and Aria and figured I could try to make some bigger ones. I bought two really big beach towels from Target and decided to give it a try.
I used Chase's robe as a pattern and then figured out where I needed to lengthen and widen for it to fit the older kids. I ended up not having enough towel for the sleeves and hood. I could have gone and bought more towels, but then I would of had a bunch left over and I really didn't want to go shopping again. I decided to use some extra white towels that I had laying around and used parts of the striped towels for trim.
Thankfully Michela and Hunter aren't too picky. They actually turned out really well. They loved how cozy and warm they were after a day of swimming, especially since a few days turned out to be pretty cold for being in the pool. I was just happy I accomplished something and finished a project! Too bad my sewing machine and serger weren't very happy with all that thick terry cloth. They will definitely need to be going into the shop for a little once over.

1 comment:

Ben and Natalies Family Zoo said...

If I ever need Bible costumes, I'll know where to find them! Those look awesome!