Yesterday was my due date. I started it off with a trip to the Midwives and got encouraging news. I was dilated to 3 cm. and she said my cervix was very soft and ready to go at any time. All day yesterday I had contractions. The contractions were painful at times, but they were always on the borderline. They never quite got to that accordion squeeze stage.
I spent yesterday running last minute errands and working on projects. I kept laughing at all of the people who, when they found out it was my due date, exclaimed, "what are you doing out shopping?!" As if I should be home laying on the couch just waiting for this baby to come. The thing that made me laugh the most was that I went to renew my license and as I plopped down into the chair to take my picture I thought, "I wonder how many women would take their license picture when they are 9 months pregnant?"
Last night I was so convinced that I was going to have this baby and then the contractions stopped. Frustrating! I guess I should just look at it as more time to get things done, and I always need more time! I'll try and get some pictures up of the cute things I've been working on sometime today.
3 comments:
Well, not many women look as good as you do on their due date (me included), that's why they wouldn't take their pic for their license. :) Hang in there!
I agree with Meg - you look fantastic. I'm holding out for another 4th of July baby. Yay! And I need to get knitting her up something awesome.
Awww, you look gorgeous!!! I hope you have a wonderful birth experience and don't end up having the week long labour I did..arrghgh! I'll be thinking of you momma...just wait, soon you will have that gorgeous bundle of joy and lots of new goodies to sew for it! Big giant hugs. Email me anytime you wanna vent ok? Luv ya.
Post a Comment