Michela went off to Clear Creek Camp on Monday and left us all feeling like something is missing here at home. At first I appreciated the quieter, more mellow atmosphere of the house. She tends to get the boys all riled up and they are all rather rowdy when playing together. But pretty soon I began to notice what I was missing not having her around.
*She is an awesome big sister to Aria and keeps her entertained so Mommy has time to get things done.
*I miss all her questions and our fun little conversations.
*I miss all the funny songs she makes up and her loud singing.
*My babysitter is gone so I have to drag the other three with me wherever I go.
*Aria misses her big sister at night. She's become very used to seeing Michela in the bed across the room from her.
*I miss her face at the kitchen counter in the morning at breakfast time. I even miss her Marcia Brady hairstyle.
*I miss her big laugh and little giggles.
*I miss her sarcasm. (Like Mother, Like Daughter.)
*I miss hearing her answer the phone in her monotone voice. :)
*I miss the messes she makes in the craft room and doesn't clean up for days.
*I miss hearing her play the piano.
* I miss my biggest helper.
I asked the boys if they were excited for Michela to be home tomorrow and they both yelled, "Yes!" When I asked them why Hunter said, "because it's boring without her." And that pretty much sums it up. Life is a bit boring without Michela around. Who else can come up with all the crazy and creative schemes that she thinks up? Who else can fill up this big house with her big personality? Lets just say we are all looking forward to 3:00 tomorrow afternoon when we can pick up Michela from the school and bring her back home to us where she belongs.
1 comment:
Oh! It is so true! There is a hole in the family when someone isn't there. I know this is a ways away, but it makes me sad to think of my girls going to college and getting married. I want them to do it, but I also wonder how we'll survive.
Post a Comment