On Monday Michela and Chase had appointments with the dentist. Michela needed a baby tooth pulled because the permanent tooth was trying to come in and Chase needed his teeth cleaned. Chase had had a loose tooth for weeks now but he doesn't want anyone to touch it. I asked the dentist, who is our neighbor, if he could accidentally knock it out while he was working on it. He numbed it up a bit and told Chase he just had to check one thing and quickly yanked it out. Chase let out a yelp but then he was fine. He finally has a tooth to put under his pillow for the tooth fairy. He's lost two teeth before but he's been so chicken to pull them out that he has ended up swallowing them.
Michela's extraction was a whole different story. She had to have one of her back teeth pulled and it did not want to come out. I watched as they were trying to pull it out and I couldn't believe how much pulling and wrenching was going on.
Michela is a trooper though, and she stayed tough through the whole ordeal. When the tooth finally came out we couldn't believe how big it was. Even the dentist was surprised. The roots were bowed out because the permanent tooth was snuggled up right underneath it so the roots had to grow around it. It was a serious bleeder as well. We went to Target afterwards and ended up having to buy a roll of gauze and some scissors so she could keep putting in new gauze throughout our shopping trip.
We took pictures of the teeth just so people could see how big Michela's was and how tiny Chase's was. Chase has ground down all of his baby teeth into little nubs.
Here's a picture of the teeth by a quarter so you can see the size of those roots.
I think it looks like something out of a science fiction movie. Crazy!
5 comments:
You've got to be kidding me! That tooth is huge! Can the tooth fairy even fly away with it?
All the sudden I don't feel so good...holy moly!! Way to be a trooper Michela! I don't blame Chase for leaving his teeth in, I hate going to the dentist.
That is A-mazing! I can't believe that was in her mouth. And congrats Chase...finally!!!
I was a dental assistant and I swear I have never seen such a big tooth especially on a kid!! Wow..I say that needs to be framed or something that is a trophy tooth for sure.
Hope she never needs her wisdom teeth out!!
How much did the tooth fairy bring for that one!!
Post a Comment