Thursday, June 10, 2010

Crappiest Day Ever

In the last few weeks of pregnancy sleeping isn't the easiest thing to do. Yesterday I woke up at 4:45 am to go to the bathroom. I crawled back into bed and tried to will myself back to sleep. I tried to clear my mind, but all the things I need to do kept racing around inside of my head. I thought of waves on the beach, which usually helps, but no, those darn thoughts would not go away! The other problem is that I am hot! I cannot sleep when I am too hot. I have the fan on, the AC going, but I'm still roasting. I looked over at Mike as I kicked the sheet off and saw that he had an extra blanket on top of him. What?! How can he possibly be cold? I would love to have the window open but I swear we live in an aviary because come 4:00 or 5:00 every morning the birds start a chirpfest.

I finally got out of bed and decided to go start working on my to do list. I got a little bit done but I was so tired that I kept finding myself staring off into space. I went back up to the kitchen, got the kids some breakfast and fed myself my bowl full of cereal topped with Lactaid Milk. Tasty...

Swim Lessons went good, but my sciatic pain was killing me so I must have looked like a limping, waddling whale wandering around watching the kids in their classes. Add to that a baby who has decided it is a gymnast/karate expert and must practice all day long!

After lessons we rushed home to shower and eat some lunch. Of course the kids took FOREVER so we were late getting on our way to my sister-in-law's house. Plus I had to change my shirt because I ended up with strawberry cream cheese all over my belly. My sister-in-law had called before lessons to see if I had time to come by her house around noon to go through her maternity clothes. Of course I said yes, thinking I would have time to run by there after lunch and before Chase needed to be at the dentist.

On the way we had to stop at a Pharmacy to fill a prescription for Chase for this sedation medicine to help him relax at the dentist while they filled his cavities. Chase gets so tense and nervous at the dentist that he often refuses to open his mouth or gags up a storm while the dentist is working on him. Of course the pharmacist needs half an hour to fill the prescription which means I can get to Sara's house and then have to turn right back around to get it in time for Chase to be able to take it one hour before his appointment. So I take the kids to Sara's and let them play while I run back to the pharmacy with Chase.

I get back to Sara's with about half an hour to spare before we need to leave for the dentist. I quickly start trying on clothes. It is getting too hot around here, so I am in desperate need of some short sleeve shirts. With only 3 weeks left to go I really don't want to go buy anything else. Of course half of it won't fit, Sara has the smallest ribcage I have ever seen. So I grab what I can carry and run down to my car. After gathering the kids and thanking Sara I rushed off to the dentist.

As I am racing down the road to my surprise I see this behind me.
That's right, I got PULLED OVER! Like I have time for this! And to make matters worse my license just expired and I haven't been able to renew it yet. Did you know that you have to bring like 5 forms of identification to the DMV now to renew your license and change your address on it? One of the things you need to bring is your Social Security Card. Where in the heck is my card? I have no idea. My kids' cards are safely filed away in a cabinet but I have no clue where mine is. You can also bring in a W-2 form but I haven't worked out of the home in over 15 years so it's not like I have one of those laying around. So add another thing to my to do list, apply for a new Social Security Card so I can renew my license. I digress, back to the cop. I tell him we were late for the dentist and that I am so sorry. He gives me a warning on the expired license and knocks off some numbers on the speeding, maybe he saw my big belly and car full of kids and decided to be nice.

Now we are really late for the dentist. Luckily our dentist is our neighbor and is very nice and understanding. He gets Chase fixed up lickety split and I think maybe I'll have time to lay down and take a little nap when I get home. As Chase gets up I notice he is super woozy. I had to lead him out of the office and to the car with one hand on his shirt just in case he went down. At home I have him lay down on the couch and he then sleeps for 2 hours! I couldn't get him to wake up. Maybe we'll have to do a half dose of that stuff next time.

I stare at the sink full of dirty dishes and decide a rest sounds much better. Shortly after laying down Hunter comes and tells me that Aria was cutting things with my good sewing scissors and has pooped her pants. She is potty training right now and has been doing such a good job, why does she have to do this right now? I take her upstairs, dump the offending matter into the toilet, get her all cleaned up and walk past my room where I look longingly at my bed and pillow. And when I get downstairs my sink is still full of dirty dishes. Ugg!

The bright spot of the day? Mike stopped off at Costa Vida to pick up some dinner because I just couldn't deal with making anything. Today has to be better.

3 comments:

Ben and Natalies Family Zoo said...

Mauri, Mauri, Mauri, girlfriend! Send those kids over once in awhile and take a N A P! I'm sorry you had a rough day. Sounds like you need Mike to take the kids for a weekend trip so you can catch a few zzzzs! Love you :)

Lynette said...

so sorry, I feel for ya girl. Haven't had one of those for a long time but I remember when I did have a doozy and hope those kind of days stay far away!

Very Shannon said...

Ok, that day seriously sucked bad! I'm sorry you had to go through that day...aiyaya!
I'm so excited for you though, 2 more weeks left of being preggers...I'm with you on the hot and no sleep thing, I had that bad as well.
I can't wait to see your new bundle of joy! Make sure you email me when you have the babe so I can drool over the baby pics!!! I hope it's a boy so our two can date :P