Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Skater Dude

Hunter had one thing he really wanted for his birthday, a skateboard.  He was so excited when he unwrapped his presents and there one was.  He immediately took it outside, strapped on his new helmet and put on his snow gloves (his idea) for protection.

He is the most timid out of my children, so he was very nervous to stand up on it.  He started out coasting down the driveway on his behind, then he ventured onto his knees and after a lot of coaxing and teasing he finally stood up on it. 


 Sometimes I don't know where he came from.  I was a no fear child myself when I was growing up and some of the stories that Mike tells me about his childhood leaves me to wonder where Hunter got his caution.  

3 comments:

MiNdY said...

HaHa.. Im sure he has seen effects of what can happen if youre not cautious. (Cousins, siblings scars maybe?)Saves you some Dr. Bills, and the worry.. Im sure he will get more daring the older he gets. At least he gave it a try after all.

Sara said...

Hunter has always been a tender, cautious little boy. It's what we love about him! :)

KaMi and ZaCk said...

I love the camo helmet. Does Cody know about it? I think if he did he would have to get one like it. :) You guys have the cutest kids. I hope everything is going great. -Zack Johanson