Monday, February 15, 2010

A Sweet Valentine's Day

For me Valentine's Day started with a frantic sewing session trying to finish Aria's valentine's day skirt. I decided to make her a Nie Nie Skirt from Pink Fig Patterns and I didn't give myself enough time to finish it in a timely manner. So me! Luckily I finished it right before it was time to go to church. There was no way I was not finishing it! It turned out so cute! She looked like a little Valentine's Day Flamenco dancer. I got so many compliments. I used all pink and white fabrics and only included one with hearts on it. I wanted her to be able to wear it any day, not just Valentine's Day.
Michela's skirt went together in a flash. I just kind of came up with my own pattern for hers. I loved the pink and brown fabrics and I knew I had to make something that wasn't too ruffly or frilly. Her skirt turned out perfect!
For dinner we went over to Matt and Sara's house. We had a delicious dinner and way too many desserts. What was Peggy thinking when she brought three pans of cinnamon rolls and a red velvet cake! That cake was so good!!! Here is a picture of Aria enjoying the cake.
The sweetest thing about Valentine's day was that Bronson was home and loving it! He was toddling around, he is still a bit wobbly, but what do you expect after being in a bed for like 12 days in a row! He was all smiles and so darn stinkin' cute.
Daynen had to join in on the picture taking, he didn't want to be left out. I didn't get many pictures of the other kids, they were too busy downstairs tearing up the basement. I'm so sorry Matt and Sara!
And the best gift was a beautiful red scarf, handmade by my sister in law Megan. Peggy delivered them to us with a little note from Megan saying she wanted us to have the scarf to wrap around our neck because she wasn't there to wrap her arms around us. Isn't she so sweet?! Here are the ladies in their scarves.
What a lovely day it turned out to be. I actually loved having Valentine's Day on Sunday this year. It let us just have a relaxing day where we could enjoy the company of the ones we love best. That was the sweetest gift I could ask for.

4 comments:

meg said...

OK, I L.O.V.E. those skirts!!! Why, oh why can't I look as cute as Aria in that ruffly skirt?? :) You are so good at making fabulous clothes! So glad little Bronson is home and looking so cute, and of course Daynen looking as handsome as ever. I'm not gonna lie, Russ was jealous of the cinnamon rolls Mindy posted...if he'd only known we might have made the drive! And, I love those scarves on you hot little Mamas...make sure you give it a good wash and run your fingers over the strips to make it look nice and shabby. Love you! Glad you all had a wonderful Valentines Day!

Anonymous said...

So sweet Mauri. You are so talented--the skirts are FABULOUS. So happy to see your family together and Bronson among you. Anna is still praying for him. :)

Megan said...

BEAUTIFUL skirts! You are so talented. I leave all my projects to the last min. and then they don't get finished in time. Way to finish yours! I am so happy for your family and the miricle that you all shared with the world.

Very Shannon said...

OMG, that skirt is fabulous! So sweet! I love it!!!!!! YOu did a great job! How you feeling?