Friday, February 5, 2010

It's a ....

I went in for my ultrasound today. I was totally nervous just praying for a healthy baby. The kids were mostly voting for a baby boy but Aria was convinced it was a girl. On the way there "All American Girl" by Carrie Underwood was playing on the radio and I was wondering if that was a sign.
Well it turns out our little peanut is going to be a girl! The technician got a very good look and was very sure she is a girl. I was just hoping for everything to look alright. Ten fingers, ten toes.. check. Two arms, two legs... check. Heart is beating, all four chambers can be seen... check. Two kidneys, stomach looks good... check. Spine looks good... check. Brain measurements look good... check. Palate looks good... check. With each measurement and inspection of all her organs and parts I breathed a little sigh of relief. I was excited about the girl part but most excited to learn that she was developing as she should. I always get so worried right before each ultrasound. After having four beautiful healthy children I thought I shouldn't push my luck any further and that we should be done. I guess someone had other plans for us and I was so afraid that we wouldn't be so lucky this time. So thankful she looks fantastic and now I can ease off on the worrying so much.
Now Mike can breath a sigh of relief because he won't have to repaint the nursery and I loved Aria's bedding so much I won't have to sew any new bedding! It will be pretty fun having another little princess around the house. Aria is already getting excited about having a little friend to play dress up with.

6 comments:

Mom said...

As I read your blog about you having the doctor check for all the body parts, 2 chambers in the heart,etc. I thought WOW I'll bet she didn't even think of this with her first one. Isn't it amazing how you have these special litle babes and you finally realize what you really have...a human being made up of you and Mike's genes. It is a miracle in itself. Congratulations on your 3rd girl, what good little friends Aira and her will be. Love, Aunt Linda

Anonymous said...

Yeah for girls! What a joy for Aria to have a littler sister. What a gift you are giving her.

Lynette said...

Once again Mauri, I am so happy for your new little princess. You are sooo blessed.

{jane} said...

mauri~ i didn't even know you were pregnant! what a fun post to check in on you with!

congratulations!

wow, i'm still unsure about child #5, i'll have to do this vicariously with you...see how it goes. ;)

Very Shannon said...

Yippee!!! A girl!!!! So excited it sounds like we are both having girls! congrats hun, and I'm so happy the ultrasound was good as well. I get super nervous as well.

Sara said...

I just realized that with everything going on I haven't even taken time to tell you how very, very excited I am for you and this baby girl! I can not WAIT to meet her! I am sure she and Aria will just be two peas in a little pod and have so much fun growing up as sisters and best friends(/enemies!). ;)