Friday, February 19, 2010

Happy Birthday Dear Mikey!

Yesterday Mike had his 38th Birthday! Michela made the funniest card for him. It said he now needed these things; ointment, dentures and glasses. Then it said, oops, that's when you are 68. You're 38? Then you are good to go! Not exact words, but you get her sense of humor. I thought it was pretty clever.
Our friend Ben wanted to throw Mike a little surprise lunch party at Carabbas. I gave him some name ideas and thought that was all I had to do. Turns out Mike decided to take the day off and it was up to me to get him there. He kept throwing me curve balls. First he said he was thinking of going to eat lunch with Chase at his school but I convinced him to go to lunch with me. Then he decides he needs to go into work for a bit and would meet me there. So I call him at work and he says he has decided to eat with Chase instead and he's already at the school. I start to panic but then he starts laughing and says he is just teasing. He ends up coming to the restaurant with everyone from the store, whoops, there goes the surprise. He did end up being surprised though when we arrived and there were some more friends of his waiting inside. It was a fun way to spend his birthday. Thanks Ben and Matt for getting that together.
Last night the kids and I threw him an ice cream party. In our house we love our ice cream. On Monday the kids and I went to Color Me Mine and painted ice cream bowls for all of us. We decided it would be funny to give Mike a huge bowl since he loves treats so much. We pulled out about 5 different kinds of ice cream, a couple of toppings and some big spoons. It was a delicious way to end the day of celebration.Hope you had a fantastic day Mike! We love you!

3 comments:

meg said...

Awwww! I heard all about the lunch, sounds like fun! :) I didn't realize you were such ice cream fans, Russ is a huge ice cream fan and would have at least 5 flavors at any given moment if we had a freezer that would fit it all. Happy Birthday big bro! We all love you too!

Anonymous said...

Bowls are such a fun idea! We love Color Me Mine too--saving that idea up for later. Happy Birthday Mike! I always thought I was so much older than you were. (I guess I just acted that way bossing you around in grandma's backyard during play rehearsal.)

Tolyk said...

How do you keep your hair? It took a lot to post that comment...I tried all the possible passwords to log on to blogger, and finally it was the last one i tried. I didn't know I had an account. HAPPY BIRTHDAY. You got me by 2 years once again...Love ya