Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Good News for Bronson!

This is the latest text that Mike just got from Matt.

"Bronson just had an AMAZING exam! He was wide awake, deeply focusing on me, Sara and Ian the nurse. Cried. Coughed. Gagged. Wiggled. Stretched. All the doctors and nurses are in awe."

What amazing news! I just gathered the kids and we had a prayer together and poured our hearts out in gratitude to our Heavenly Father. How thankful I am to have the gospel in my life. How thankful I am to have worthy priesthood holders in my family. How thankful I am for all of the prayers that have been said in the last few days for Bronson and his family. What a miracle this is! My heart is so tender right now I don't have adequate words to express what I'm feeling. I am so happy for Matt and Sara, they must be so excited to see Bronson so full of life again. I hope things just keep getting better and better! It's been so hard waiting today for any little bit of news and this is more than I ever hoped for or expected. Who said miracles don't happen anymore?!

5 comments:

jaredean said...

Thank you for posting this - i've been refreshing Sara's page looking for updated news and hearing this has made me very very happy!

Chelsea said...

wonderful news! It has lightened my heart and made my day. What an experience of faith! Thanks for sharing. We are so happy for your whole family with the pleasant news!

am vorhis said...

Mauri, We are so Happy for Bronson, his Parents, Brothers, and your whole family. I read the link to your sister-in-laws blog and I must tell you, it made me cry so hard. It is so heartfelt and such a strong message. As Bronson recovers and the family begins to heal I hope she might put it out there for other parents to read, it has so many powerful and beautiful messages. Children's brains have the blessing of neuroplasticity and the experimental treatment they chose is actually showing humongous progress (it allowed a football player who should have been permanently paralyzed to be able to walk after a devastating cervical injury). Bronson may need some physical or occupational therapy (let me know if there is anything I can do advice wise on the PT matter) but from both you and Sara's blogs you can tell he is blessed with a strong fighting spirit. Sean and I continue to send good wishes towards Bronson and your entire family. Hug your beautiful children for me and Sean Bear. I once again believe strongly in Angels and miracles. Much love sent to all of you.

Gibson Gang said...

Mauri,

I found out about little Bronson through my friend Natalie Norton - she had posted pleading for prayers. After reading (and sobbing) through the whole blog, I thought 'Staker, Staker, how do I know that name?' and realized he's related to you! Small world. Oh Mauri, what a tragic wake up call to all of us moms... he is in my every thought and prayer.

Lindsay Gibson

p.s. How are you feeling? I hope all is well! Missed you at the end of our last yoga sessions... but what exciting news - Congrats! I went private but would love to stay in touch with you... please email me at reedkg@hotmail.com if you'd like an invite. :)

Very Shannon said...

That's great news! Wishing the best for Bronson and your family during this time.