Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Swiss Days!

I finally got to go to Swiss Days this year.  Mike took the day off so I could go with the Staker girls.  Thanks Mikey!  He and Matt stayed home and looked after the babies and made strawberry jam.  Insert the Aww now, I know he is pretty fantastic.  The last time I went to Swiss days was when I was 11 years old and we were up here visiting my Grandparents in Midway.  I remember it vividly because my Mom ended up getting kidney stones and we almost didn't make it back home for the first day of school.  My Grandma had to drive us all back and we did our school clothes shopping on the way home.  Great memories, "Remember the Ponderosa!"  (That's for Mom and Tiff.)
Here is Megan, Peggy and Sara as we started off our day at the Barn.  It is such a cute shop, it's kind of like Rodworks but bigger and with more stuff.

There were lots of things to look at.  I learned from Megan that you don't need to buy much because you go mostly for ideas.  Megan can make anything so she just finds stuff she likes and then goes home and makes it.  I'm following her example this year and I've got a whole head full of ideas that I want to try and make.  



We did buy some cute hats, I don't want to try and make those, but there was no mirror so we used our cameras to see how we looked in them.






It was a very fun day and I came home with a few cute things: including a pumpkin wall hanging, some fun zipper ties for the boys, some hats and a new watch.  All that looking and shopping wore me out, but I'll be ready to go again next year.  Thanks for the invite Peggy!

1 comment:

meg said...

Cute pics! I need you to email them to me so I can see them bigger. I had a blast, I'll be out next year!