The morning of the Egg Drop Michela got up early to wrap her egg. I was so proud of her for coming up with her own plan.
I went to school and helped with the Egg Drop so I was there to watch. The kids put their creations in a garbage can and the principal was up on the roof ready to haul them up. He took each one and threw it up into the air and the crowd of kids watched it fall on the concrete. I laughed at the kids' cries each time one of the creations hit the ground.
These were two interesting contraptions.
The wood one looked pretty sturdy but when it hit the ground it buckled and the egg smashed. The Dad of the girl who did it groaned when it hit the ground and we all heard the crunch. Unfortunately Michela's did not survive the fall. We don't know what went wrong, maybe the marshmallows weren't as fresh and soft. The most successful ideas were eggs inside footballs and those air pouch packaging things. The funniest one was an egg inside of jello which left quite a mess when it hit the ground. Next year I'm sure she will give it another try and learn from her experience to come up with an even better idea.
2 comments:
Way to go Michela! I remember doing that in Junior High, I don't think mine made it either. :( What a good idea, using marshmallows!
Good job Michela! SmaRTy! That was a great idea, Im surprised it didnt work, the principal must have know how super great it was and sabotaged the whole thing ;)
Post a Comment