Friday, September 26, 2008

Eating Your Veggies

So my Mom used to always make Zucchini Parmesan when we were growing up, in fact it was one of her signature dishes that people used to ask her to bring to parties and family dinners.  I was a rather picky eater when I was younger, and as you can guess this was not something that was on my very limited list of  favorites.  A couple of years ago my sister in law, Stephanie, made some and brought it to a family dinner.  I tried it and I was in love!  It was so delicious and I wanted to try making it.  Well I finally made it a few months ago, but it didn't go over so well.  I didn't cook the zucchini long enough and they were pretty crunchy, but the flavors were good.  So I decided to give it another try about a week ago and it turned out wonderfully.  It was so yummy!  I decided to boil some little pasta shells and I poured it over the top like sauce.  I cut the zucchini up in little pieces for Chase and Aria.  Dinner was pretty much a success that night.  I couldn't believe it.  Mike and Michela loved it, Hunter and Chase ate it, but without much whining and Aria was actually picking the zucchini pieces out of the sauce and popping them in her mouth.  
I was so happy!  I'm putting in a picture of it, it tastes better than it looks, and I will for sure be making this again sometime in the near future.  Here's to trying something new!

1 comment:

MiNdY said...

That looks delicious!!! Why dont you post EXACTLY how you made this and with what ingredients for the rest of us (mainly me)! :)