Monday, September 8, 2008

Don't You Look Smart!

My poor children, they have inherited my horrible eyesight. They used to have such great vision, but last year Michela started complaining that she couldn't see the board at school. And then at Hunter's checkup this year I was totally shocked to find out that he could hardly see anything either. Michela can hardly see the big E on the chart. The eye doctor said if she was old enough and went to take the eye test for a driver's license they wouldn't give her a license. I felt terrible! I hated getting glasses when I was little. I remember getting my first glasses in the fourth grade and my Mom made me get these ugly light pink plastic monstrosities. She said they looked nice with my skin tone. Blah, blah, blah... bottome line was they were the ugliest thing I had ever seen. I remember holding them up to my eyes for brief glimpses of the board at school and then I would stash them back in my desk.

I was determined that my kids would have a good experience with their glasses. We took our time trying on all kinds of different colors and shapes of glasses. I can't believe how many different cute styles they have now. We found Hunter's right away but Michela took a while to find the ones she liked the best. I thought she would go for something kind of inconspicious, but she surprised me with going for some darker brown glasses with a funkier feel to them. The shape looks totally cute on her face.




They were totally surprised at how well they could see. Michela kept commenting on how she could see the tiniest little things. They were pretty excited and we had to go to the carpet store afterwards so they could show Mike, Matt and Grandpa their new specs. Hopefully they will continue to like them. Keep your fingers crossed!

6 comments:

meg said...

Wow! I had no idea they couldn't see! CRaZy! You both look super cool in your awesome glasses, they look so good!

Lynette said...

I remember when my brother Bart got glasses on the way home from Salt Lake it was dark and he looked up in the sky and said "look! stars! then he said they don't look like stars they look like circles!" It was cute and we never knew he couldn't even see the stars!

Anonymous said...

I want glasses just like Michela's! Super cute!

Kris Tina said...

Nice work - these two look very cute and very studious.

MiNdY said...

Aw! Even though I feel bad they couldn't see, they do pull them off so well! Cute kids! I remember always wanting glasses, I just wanted to LoOk smart :)

The Benches said...

They look great! I love Michela's llok. Fashionable and sweet!