Mike bought me a new bike a few weeks ago since I have been complaining about being all hunched over my old bike. I wanted a cruiser so I could sit up more so we found a beauty that had the capability to haul the trailer up some hills. I want to try and ride 1 to 2 times a week up the Provo Canyon Trail to Bridal Veil Falls. It's about an 8 mile ride. I've been able to go a few times now and I love it! It's a good workout having to haul an extra 30 pounds or so behind me. My goal is to be able to ride all the way to Vivian Park. Aria loves it too. Today she was singing little songs on the way up, it was totally making me laugh. On the way back down when we get going fast she always yells out, "Whee!".
I let her get out at Bridal Veil today but it was pretty windy so she didn't really feel like posing for any pictures. It was actually extremely windy on the ride up, I felt like I was pushing against a wall at times. I love the trail. It's beautiful, quiet and there aren't too many people around. All the hard core bikes fly by me, but I just keep on pedalling!
I've been trying to add some variety to my workout schedule by throwing in the biking and I've started going to a yoga class too. I actually enjoy exercising when I can mix it up. Yoga is great, it's tough but it's relaxing at the same time. My friend Chelsea is teaching it and it's just a small class so I really enjoy it. Last week was my first class and I ended up a bit sore, but I slept so good that night. :) Thanks Chelsea! (She's like 7 months pregnant but she's stronger and more limber than all her students.) Sometimes I wish I could just not bother with the exercising, but I know how great I will feel when I am done so I make sure I make time for it. My Aunt Renee said to me not too long ago when she was talking about exercise and getting older, "I walk so I can walk!" I will take inspiration from her and from my Mom who walks every day up and down those Kensington hills. Get moving everyone!
5 comments:
You and Lynette with your super cruiser bikes! That is so awesome you can go riding up the canyon like that...if you're going to exercise that's an incredible place to do it! And hurry before the snow comes!
That's fun Mauri. We have bike trailer almost just like that. I wish we lived closer so we could ride together!
Ooo. I'm jealous. I need a bike so I can ride the Provo River trail!
I dont know how I missed this post when I saw the cute glasses post but MAUR!! You are AWESOME!! I cannot believe you are going UP the canyon hauling ARIA behind you!!! That is so much work!! Good for you! Serious, I die going up the little hills on the JR trail to my moms house, BY MYSELF!! My legs are so weak. I need to ride my bike more! We should plan a ride together one of these mornings, leave the kids with the boys. Let me know if you ever want to! I'd actually love to see how I would do.
You're an inspiration! Someday I'll catch up to you!
Post a Comment