We got there at 7:00 in the morning and it was a brisk 45 degrees. Once we started walking it felt great. It was so quiet and peaceful, no one else was around. We even saw some trees with leaves that had begun to change. So pretty!
We made it up to the falls in 40 min. and took a break to enjoy the beauty of it all.
I love all the colors on the rocks and in this picture you can actually see the rainbow in the water.
After our break we crossed the river and tried to find the other trail. I took us on a little scenic tour through the jungle, sorry Megan, but we back tracked and soon found the right trail. It is a good climb from the falls but it is so beautiful you forget the burning in your legs. Our plan was to reach the tram at 9:00 so we could ride it down to Sundance. We got there at about 9:15 but the tram wasn't moving. I forgot to check the tram times before we left so I didn't know the tram didn't start until 10:00 on Saturdays. Whoops! So we decided to take another little hike up to Mandan Summit where you could look out over the mountains and actually see parts of Midway.
The tram finally started and we had a relaxing ride down. It was a great hike and thanks to Megan for coming with me. Now if only I could figure out a way to do this hike every week!
1 comment:
I loved it too! Thanks for going with me, it was just right...not too long, not too easy! I had a blast!
Post a Comment