Monday, March 24, 2008

Skating


Michela asked for roller skates for her birthday.  When she tested them out she wasn't so sure she was happy about getting them.  She took quite a few tumbles on her first day out.  Mike and I were laughing because we totally remember skating all the time.  My sister and I used to skate all over the place.  I loved my beat up roller skates.  Mike said he was the King of the Roller rink.  It makes me smile just to think about it. :)  

For Michela's birthday party she decided she wanted to try out ice skating.  We invited some of her friends to come along and Aunt Tiffy came to help me keep the kids in order.  Mike refused to skate, he said he didn't want to get hurt.  So he spent most of the time walking around with Aria, which made her pretty darn happy.  Chase went around once with Aunt Tiffy and he was done for the day.  Hunter stuck it out most of the time, but after a  big fall he didn't want anything to do with ice skating anymore.

Most of Michela's friends didn't fare much better.  I was getting kind of discouraged thinking the birthday party was a bust until I saw Michela skating around the rink.  She was having a blast!  No wall hugging for her, she was braving it out there in the midst of all the other skaters.  She fell quite a bit, but she would just get back up, brush her self off and keep on going.  I was so proud of her!! 
Tiff and I felt like kids again gliding around on the ice until we remembered how much your ankles start to hurt after awhile.  I knew it had been a success when Michela asked if we could come back again for Family Night sometime.  I looked at Mike's face and told Michela we would have to make it a Girl's Night Out instead. :)



   

3 comments:

Tolyk said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sara said...

So fun! I used to dream of being an ice-skater (or a baton-twirler in the parade) when I was a little girl. Such big dreams! And do fun! :)

meg said...

Good job Michela! I'd be right there with Mike walking around! Roller skating and ice skating aren't my thing if you know what I mean! I always went in YW, but would fall all the time! Keep it up, girl, you'll be riding down the jordan river trail with Mindy and Lys in no time!