Yesterday around 11:00 I was loving the 56 degree weather. I had a t shirt and hoodie on and was enjoying the warmth. Around 1:00 things began to change. The wind whipped up and then it started raining. By the time I got home from errands it was snowing like crazy and the temperature had dropped over 20 degrees! Luckily I got home in time to go grab Chase from the bus stop and half of the neighborhood as well. My hopes for spring got a major slap in the face. We woke up to a winter wonderland.
It actually has turned out rather nicely though, since the kids don't have school today. I was a bit worried about what we would do all day. No worries, they are keeping themselves entertained with snowball fights,
snow shoveling,
and snow baseball.
Our poor trees out back were heavy with snow this morning.
The branches were drooping dangerously low so I had Michela go out and whack them with a shovel.
It is still coming down with no end in sight at the moment. I'd say we've gotten at least a good 6" since yesterday. The kids have now moved on to sledding down the back hill. Hopefully this will keep them occupied for a good part of the day. This might mean some time for Mom to get some things done around the house. :)
Snow basketball anyone?
1 comment:
You guys got lots more than we did! Not enough to even shovel--but it still convinced Anna it was "Christmas time."
Post a Comment