Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Maternity Shirt #1: Jalie Pattern 2806

I have heard a lot of good things about Jalie patterns. I was encouraged when I saw on another blog that they had taken a Jalie top pattern, altered it a bit, and made a cute maternity shirt. My first attempt at this was Jalie 2806. It is a blousy scoopneck tee with a little gathered detail at the neckline.

I went with the size closest to my bust measurements, since when I am pregnant I can be rather top heavy. I then swung out the side seams on the front piece to give my growing tummy a bit more room and lowered the bottom hem of the front a bit.

This is what I came up with.
Next time I think I'll raise the neckline a bit. It is just a teeny bit on the low side for me.

Notice the gathered pleat at the neckline. It gives a little more fabric ease to the front of the shirt which is great for the preggo tummy.
A side view of the pleat detail.
And here was my outfit for the day. I actually got dressed up a bit because Mike wanted to meet me for lunch.
The skinny jeans were some non maternity jeans I found on clearance at Old Navy a couple of months ago. I put in my own stretch panel and tapered in the bottom of the jeans a bit more to fit into my fabulous new riding boots. The beautiful scarf is one I picked up in Italy on one of our trips. This turned out to be a pretty chic little outfit on my pregnant bod. Love it!

1 comment: