When I got back some of my maternity clothes from my friend she also threw in a black t-shirt she had bought. She bought it near the end of her pregnancy and thinks she never got around to wearing it. Let's just say it was a Liz Lange XXL Black V-Neck Tent! There's no way I would ever fit into that shirt so I decided to do a little refashioning.
I was inspired by a shirt from J. Crew. (It is no longer on the website.) I loved the ruffles around the neck and the asymmetry of the neckline.
I cut up the side seams of the shirt and sleeves. Then I used another t-shirt as a pattern to take in the sides. I also cut off the sleeves, took them in a bit and moved the shoulder seam so the sleeves weren't hanging off of my shoulders. I also had to hem up the bottom a little. I used the excess I had removed from the shirt to make the ruffles. I ended up with a cute fitted shirt.
I love how I don't even look that pregnant if you are looking at me straight on.
I kind of blew out this picture so you could see the detail at the neckline.
At first I had the ruffles going down but when I flipped them up I loved it even more. For the other ruffles on the side I took some smaller pieces, gathered them up and then randomly bunched them together. I then attached them by hand in a few bunches.
Super cute black shirt that can go with so many different things. I really love it with my gray boyfriend cardigan from Shade.
It also would look really cute dressed up a bit with a skirt and heels. Now I'm ready to tackle a couple of more gigantic tees.
2 comments:
Looks fabulous on your hun!
oops...I meant on "you" hun..haha
Post a Comment