For Family Home Evening we decided to end with a little baseball. Mike was pitching to the kids in our backyard while I was inside cleaning up. Hunter came running in to tell me that I needed to come take a picture of Aria. When I got out there I found Aria holding the bat looking like she was ready to take a swing.
She loved carrying the bat around and picking up all the balls. She even added "bat" to her growing list of words that night. Chase was getting some good hits and was very cautious about running the bases, he didn't want Dad to get him out.
I love this picture of Hunter hitting the ball. The ball came straight at me!
Michela is a brute. She was whacking the balls out over the fence and then she was running so fast around the bases that Mike never had a chance at catching her.
A couple of times the kids were all on the bases so I stepped in to help bring them home.
Mike, the ever competitive, suddenly started throwing the ball as fast as he could.
It wasn't easy hitting them with the kids' little bats but I did succeed in getting a piece of some and getting them past him. It was a fun night and the evenings in our backyard are always so nice, no matter how hot the day has been.
5 comments:
Fun! Way to go Michela, wacking them over the fence is pretty far, good job!
What a fam of sluggers! :)
That looks like so much fun! Good job to all of you!! Your back yard IS very inviting, for playing... Period. We should get a big family game of whiffle ball going!
I still have never been to your new house! Your yard looks so cool. It doesn't even look like a backyard! I just love the family sporting events. Kids make it so fun!
It looks like you and your family had a great time.I love fun family home evenings.
Post a Comment