Aria is becoming very independent lately, especially when it comes to eating. When she wants something to eat she will point at it or go to the fridge and say "Num, Num". This is her word for I want to eat that, give me some of yours or this is yummy so give me some more. She is always grabbing for the spoon when I'm trying to feed her so she can do it herself. I really don't mind this, I was planning on letting her try to feed herself. The only problem is she refuses to wear a bib. It also doesn't help that she says "Ah, Oh" every time she gets anything on herself or her high chair and then refuses to keep eating until it is cleaned up.
Here are some cute pictures of her eating ice cream the other night. She LOVES ice cream! She definitely takes after her Momma.
Today at lunch she wanted to feed herself some yogurt. I could just picture the mess. In a stroke of brilliance I pulled her shirt off and let her go at it. She had a lot of fun until she noticed the drips of yogurt dropping on her big belly. She was pretty frustrated until I got her all cleaned up. She actually did pretty good though, I only ended up having to feed her a few spoonfuls at the end. What will she want to feed herself next?!
3 comments:
she's so cute! Jackson is going through that phase right now too, he has to have a fork or spoon if he is going to sit in his high chair! Ahhh, the joys of toddlers wanting to be independant!
She is so much like Anna! I seriously can't get her to eat any other way! I should take off her shirt more often! Aria is such a cute girl!
I love love LOVE that she says "Num Num"! SOOO cute in her sweet little voice! :)
Post a Comment