Monday, February 25, 2008

The Spiderwick Chronicles

I just finished reading the last of the Spiderwick Chronicles this weekend and I have to say that I loved them!  Michela, my sister Tiffany and I all went and saw the movie last Saturday.  It was a great movie and we all really enjoyed it.  But I have to say that the Books are even better than the movie (isn't that always the case).  Michela started reading the first one last night and she couldn't put it down.  She gets a half an hour of reading time after so goes to bed and it usually goes longer unless I notice that she's still reading.  This morning I woke up about 15 min. before my alarm went off because I heard a door close and a light switch on.  I assumed that Michela had to get up and go to the bathroom so I thought nothing of it.  I went and got ready to go down stairs to work out and when I passed her bedroom I noticed that her door was closed and the light was on.  I opened the door and there she was sitting in bed reading the book.  Now you might say this isn't out of the ordinary, but it was 6:00 in the morning!  I told her she had to turn off the light and go back to sleep, of course she wasn't too happy with me.  I'm afraid I have a Mini Me on my hands.  



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sweet! I love when they are reading. I've never tried a Spiderwick Chronicles--but we'll give it go from such a great recommendation.

Chelsea said...

I'm glad to hear the book and movie are both good. It sounds like a fun story line. Lucky for you to have such a reader in the home!