Saturday, October 30, 2010

Pumpkin Carving

Last night we finally went and got some pumpkins to carve. It was pretty slim pickins over at Harmons. The kids were able to find some pumpkins that they liked so we left very happy.
Mike hates carving pumpkins, he says the pumpkin guts make him itch. After Michela cut open her pumpkin and found some mold in the pumpkin, she was devastated. Mike, being the great dad that he is, jumped in and cleaned the pumpkin out for her. I'm sure he'll be asking for half of her Halloween candy in payment.
The kids all worked hard and had lots of fun coming up with their own creations. I graciously cut the tops for them and helped them clean out the goop.
I love how Chase and Hunter have their tongues out in concentration.
This is Aria's "But I'm a Big Girl" face when I told her I didn't want her using a knife.
Notice the little pumpkin carving knife in her hand. Yikes!
All the pumpkins turned out great.
Aria's had two faces.
After coming back down from nursing Laina, I discovered that they had gotten the fake blood out of the makeup kit and went to town on their pumpkins.
Hunter and his wicked pumpkin.
Chase's is a vampire pumpkin with a goatee.
Michela even added some nasty horror flesh to creep up her pumpkin.
And we even had a little pumpkin just for Laina that Michela carved for her.
I love traditions like this, even though not all of our family members enjoy them as much as the rest of us. :)

2 comments:

meg said...

Hahaha! Love the fake blood and the tongues sticking out...truly Stakers. :) Good job with the pumpkins! Russ came in last night with the kids to get started on theirs while I was working on Logan's bday cake. They busted through the door, grabbed their pumpkins and knew exactly where the carving kit was (I couldn't even remember), they got started and did a great job! I love Halloween!

April said...

Love the pumpkins and the cute carvers. That's quite the knife Mauri! This makes me smile:)