Michela is so creative, sometimes I get blown away with what she comes up with. She is in sixth grade and is going through the NOVA program at school. This is kind of like the whole DARE program I remember when I was a kid. For some reason they are supposed to make a rocket for class. They could make it any way they wanted to with any kind of art medium. Michela chose to sculpt hers out of clay. She was down in the craft room for a long time last weekend working on it. This is what she came up with.
It says NOVA on it in blue and on top is the NOVA mascot, the wolf. I love the colored paper strips on the bottom so it looks like it's blasting off. I love all her attention to detail. She used beads for some decoration as well.
Here are some close ups of the astronauts.
After making the rocket she had some white clay left over. She sculpted these two creations that day also.
I really hope she continues to use her creativity throughout her life. I know being creative brings me so much joy. I love watching her when she gets in her creative zone. The craft room is usually a total disaster during the process, but her creations and the joy on her face make up for it.
No comments:
Post a Comment