Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Princess Peach

My friend's girls wanted to be Princess Peach and Princess Daisy, from Mario Bros., for Halloween. Princess Peach costumes were easy to find, but Princess Daisy presented a problem. My friend found a Princess Daisy costume on ebay for $65. The catch is it was made in Hong Kong and it was like $50 to ship it. What?! I've done some sewing for her in the past so she asked me if I would be willing to give the costume a try. Of course!
I started with a basic princess pattern that I used for Michela when she wanted to be Cinderella about 8 years ago. I looked online to find a picture of Daisy and went to work. It turned out pretty darn cute.
Here is a picture when they came to pick it up.
She was so cute when they first came to pick it up. She was all nervous energy. She kept reaching out to touch it and wanted to grab it right out of my hands. It made me so happy to see that big smile on her face. Later I received an email from my friend. She said her daughter told her to send me an email to thank her for the dress. She said she loved it and it was so comfortable. :) My friend said she hasn't taken it off since they got home. Made My Day!

2 comments:

meg said...

i could have used your sewing skills to help me with the superhero capes I made for bubby's party! You are amazing and this dress looks fabulous!

Kris Tina said...

Oh man - I really need to figure out my Halloween costume - this one is awesome.