Wednesday, August 5, 2009

I Love to See the Temple

"As We touch the temple, the temple will touch us."

President Thomas S. Monson

We had a wonderful primary activity today. We took all of the primary kids to the Mt. Timpanogos temple for a special day. The kids were all in their Sunday best and we had a nice reverent spirit with us.

We split up into groups and the groups went to different stations. My station was, of course, singing primary songs while each child got their picture taken with the temple in the background. The next station was two new Young Women who were talking about doing baptisms for the dead. Then they went to a station where a young married couple talked about their wedding day and how special it is to be married in the temple. Then another group went with the Primary President and walked around the temple. She told them the story of President Snow when he told his granddaughter about seeing the Lord in the Salt Lake Temple. They then were able to go in the foyer and touch the temple walls and doors. What a sweet experience for them at this tender age.

I took the opportunity of being at the temple to take a few pictures of my kids. Here is Michela out in front by some beautiful flowers.
Hunter looks so tall and grown up by one of the pillars.
Chase is such a handsome little guy all dressed up in a shirt and tie.
Aria was being a little stinker about getting her picture taken so I snapped a shot when she wasn't looking.

I hope our kids remember this day. I always loved going to the Oakland temple as a child and I loved the feeling I felt there. The temple grounds are always so beautiful and it is so peaceful. There were a lot of weddings going on and the kids liked watching the brides and grooms walking around taking pictures. Aria kept saying, "Mom, there's another princess!"

3 comments:

meg said...

Mauri, these pictures are so great! What a great activity for the kids, what a special day! Hunter and Chase look so grown up and tall. :) And, I L.O.V.E. those skirts for the girls! I was just thinking about those and thinking I could make them into a "pillow case" style dress since I already know how to do that. I need to go shopping for some cute material! You need to send me a picture of the the completed dresses so I can have something to look at.

Anonymous said...

Oh how sweet! What a great experience for your kids! If you can, the Oquirrih Mountain Temple open house is so much fun. I think you still have a little bit of time before it is over if you haven't been. It is much quieter there than it was at the Draper Temple open house--and a much bigger temple. Aria is so much like Anna.

The Benches said...

That is seriously the best primary activity ever! I need to make mention of it to our ward. The kids look so darling! I can't believe how fast they are growing!