Saturday, August 8, 2009

American Fork Canyon

I somehow forgot to post these pictures of our fun night up American Fork Canyon with Mike's family. Megan and her family were in town so we decided we had to have a night up in the mountains, roasting marshmallows and having fun.

S'mores are always the main event. Mike has the roasting down to perfection. Look how golden that marshmallow is. I'm always a bit too impatient and usually end up burning mine. Megan and I enjoyed our tasty treats.
Michela and Kaden chowed down.
Aria kept asking for more "mellows".
There was this big dead tree laying across the river and of course the kids all had to try crossing it. I couldn't watch at first, I was taking bets on who would be the one to fall in. The water was cold and was moving pretty fast. Michela and Alyssa were going back and forth with no problems at all.
Hunter, the ever cautious, tried it out on his knees first. Look at that concentration!
He eventually got up onto his feet but he was being super careful.
I didn't even let Chase get up there, because he was who I was betting on falling in! Instead he enjoyed competing in the twig and leaf races that Matt instituted.
Mindy, Rachelle and Crew enjoying the fire.
Logan going for a ride on Russ' back.
Here is Aria with her other Daddy, Matt. She loves Matt so much it cracks me up. Whenever he is around she is always running over to him and trying to get him to hold her.
Weston with his fruit punch lips.
Gage would rather go shirtless. He kept playing in the water and getting soaked. Silly boy!
And I was so happy that Jenna actually would talk to me sometimes this trip. She even let me take her picture. Oh Happy Day!

2 comments:

meg said...

Oh Mauri, you're moving up in the world if you got Jenna to talk to you...and even take her picture? Wow! It must be love! Haha! I saw the first picture and thought you guys had been up again without us, then I saw me and I wasn't so jealous anymore. :) Cute pictures!

Sara said...

Yes, I always laugh at Aria snuggling on her Uncle Matt... good thing he has her to be his little girl! (Maybe if she stays this sweet, he'll let me have one someday!)