Thursday, August 20, 2009

"Goodbye St. George, I'll Never Forget You"

These were Hunter's final words as we finished packing up the condo on Tuesday. The kids were sitting outside the condo, sucking on popsicles while we cleaned out the last few things.
They were so sad that this was our last time coming to our condo. Yes, we sold it! What a relief that is. We are so thankful we were able to sell it during these tough times.

I drove the kids down on Friday for one last hurrah before school began. Basically we swam, ate, swam some more, ate some more and swam again.
We had the pool to ourselves the whole weekend. On Monday night when we were just about ready to get out another family showed up. It was a lot of fun having our own pool for a few days. The kids had cannonball contests, swimming contests, flipping contests and any other kind of contest they could think of.

Have I told you how competitive Michela is? :)

Aria had the time of her life. She was in heaven! The first day she tested out the noodle. She had so much fun with the big kids. Hunter and Michela loved playing with her in the water, which was nice for me because I got a chance to work on a tan and banish my ghostly white legs!
The next day I bought her a tube. She loved it!
That and some goggles and she was ready to conquer the pool.
Monday morning we went over to Fiesta Fun. Hunter and Michela rode the bumper boats and tried out the batting cages.
Chase, Aria and I headed over to the mini golf course. Chase was getting really good! Aria just likes to whack the ball as hard as she can.

Then we headed in for arcade games. Michela ended up winning over 1,000 tickets from this one game. At one point she was freaking out because it just kept spitting out tickets.
We didn't know if the machine was broken or what? She told me on the way out that it had been the best day of her life. She's so funny.

We also had some great movie nights. We watched "Quest for Camelot", "Escape to Witch Mountain", and "Bambi 2". I wanted the kids to watch the old version of "Escape to Witch Mountain" before they watched the remake. There is nothing better than the original.

Some other funny things. One morning at breakfast Aria informed me that, "your life is over Mom." Where in the world did she come up with that?
Hunter perfected the Flying Nacho Libre belly flop into the swimming pool. I wish I had gotten a picture.
Chase picked the best book for us to read. "Skippy Jon Jones in Mummy Trouble" is the funniest book! It is about this little cat who pretends to be a Chihuahua. You have to read it with a Mexican accent. We were all cracking up!

We will have great memories of the last two years in St. George. We've had some fun trips with the kids there. Good thing my Grandma has a condo down there that we might be able to go to once in a while. I guess it's not goodbye forever St. George after all!

2 comments:

meg said...

What an awesome weekend! Glad you got to have one last hurrah! And, good thing those white legs are gone. LOL!

Kris Tina said...

Congrats on selling - maybe I should rephrase - but you know what I mean - that's great (and sad) but really just great!