Yesterday was the first day of school for us. Personally I think it is way too hot to be going back to school! The kids were so excited to pick out their back to school outfits, get all their new school supplies and pack up their backpacks. Poor Aria wanted in on the action. All morning she kept saying, "Mom, I wanna go school too!" I remember what it was like when my brother Kurt went off to Kindergarten and I couldn't go with him. So sad!
Chase started 1st grade this year. He is getting so big. I love his teacher, she is such a sweetheart. He was excited to see lots of the kids from his class last year. Mike took him to school, which is so nice of Mike. Chase loved having Dad take him to school in his truck. I got a picture of him in his new Transformer gear before he left. He's also pretty thrilled with the fact that he gets to ride the bus home this year.
Michela and Hunter started a new school this year. They were accepted into some advanced learning classes. Luckily the school isn't too far away, it's only a little farther than last year. Michela is now in 5th grade and Hunter is in 3rd grade. Hunter's best friend is in his class which he is so happy about. And Michela knows a boy from her class that went to school with her back at Challenger. It's nice that they have one friend already at their new school. Hopefully this will be a good experience for the both of them. I can't wait to see what they will be learning this year. They looked so grown up on their first day.
It's so weird having three of them gone all day. Now I've got all of this time to get things done without having to run out and pick someone up in the middle of the day. And Aria is such a cutie pie. She is so good at entertaining herself. She will play, then come find me to see what I'm up to and then go back to what she was doing. She is also so content to just be around me while she works on her own little project. How lucky am I?!
2 comments:
I hope Anna is as easy going as Aria is when we get into the groove. You always seem to have awesome school opportunties for your kids--good luck to them in their new school! They look great!
Wow! I can't believe school has already started! Where did the summer go? Cute pics of the kids, they are all getting so big!
Post a Comment