"I'm Bored" This has been the phrase I have heard the most all summer. It Drives Me Crazy! I hear it the most from Michela. I mean, come on, you are a child for goodness sake, don't you have an imagination. I don't remember coming to my Mom when I was little and asking her what I should do. I am your Mother, not your cruise director kiddos! Michela often comes and finds me with her shoulders all slumped and with a big sigh she say, "Mom, I'm bored. What should I do?" She usually doesn't like any of my suggestions (most of them involve cleaning or chores), so I get frustrated and say, "go use your imagination!" I end up regretting those words sometimes. :)
Here is what happens when Michela gets bored-
Aria is used as Michela's dress up doll. I really enjoyed her little hula outfit made up of construction paper, tape and string.
Blanket forts are made in the theater room. One night Mike and I were looking for a blanket to watch a movie and found their "food storage" stash in the fort. Juice boxes and pretzels were hidden in there.
After buying new backpacks and lunch boxes the kids wanted to play school. They packed their lunches and went to eat outside on the patio. Michela was the teacher and insisted on them bringing an apple to her.
After lunch she made up some water games for recess. Here are Chase and Michela bobbing for toys in bowls of water.

Aria wanted in on the action too!

Other things Michela has done are make up a play, that didn't end up being put on. She is attempting to make a paper maiche dinosaur. She has started to make a new shirt for herself. Collages, tracing her siblings on paper, paintings and water fights. My "favorite" was finding them all out in the garage sliding across the floor on garbage bags. They had dumped tons of water on the floor and had sprayed it with sunscreen so it would be slippery. Mike particularly enjoyed this one when he got out of his truck and almost fell on the floor. And I told her to use her imagination! :)
3 comments:
I have to admit that I recall telling mom we were bored a time or two and her reply was always the same..."go read a book." I guess that one really stuck!
You gotta love what your kids come up with, though. Aria makes a dazzling little hula dancer. And we did come up with some pretty crazy stuff when we were kids. I mean, how many people have their own radio station with walkee talkees....huh....huh!?!
Sounds like "I'm bored" is the best phrase in the world for her. It leads to the best games I've ever heard of. What bright little girl! I'm so impressed that they don't push play on the DVD player. Good mom to encourage the imagination!
OMG, I can't stop laughing! I hate to break it to ya girl, I remember us all complaining that we were bored one time or another and then turning down all the suggestions made by our mom's or each other. Seriously though the garage bit is hilarious, poor Mike! And what great imaginations! Much love to ya all!
Post a Comment