Thursday, June 25, 2009

Yee-Haw!

Tonight we went to the Rodeo in Lehi with Mike's family. Peggy loves getting tickets for the whole family so we can all have a fun night out. Megan and Russ just got here from Oregon so we got to see them as well.
Here are a couple of pictures of the horses and cowboys in action. It's hard to get any decent pictures in there because it is getting dark and the action is too far away.
I always feel sorry for those little cows. They probably are thinking, why do these people keep tying me up?
A couple of cute cowboys and cowgirls.
They also have a little dance off where a few little kids come up and dance for the crowd. This year one little girl got scared, but the other two put on a great little show. I've got to figure out how to get Aria into the competition. :)
We all had lots of fun watching the bull riders, buckin' broncos, barrel riders and steer ropers.
But the best part was probably the motorcycle act about two hours in. It's these two guys and two ramps. They did some great aerial tricks and the kids were in heaven! I think Mike was too. This is how Aria described it on the way home. "The cycles raced on the carpet and went up the mountain. They fly high in the air!"
Thanks Larry and Peggy for a fun night at the Rodeo!

3 comments:

Kris Tina said...

I need to get a schedule of all the "fairs" in Utah County. Strawberry Days/Pioneer Days/ when is Onion days? I don't want to miss it. This looks like a good time.

MiNdY said...

SO much fun! ;) I agree.. the motorcycles are my fave too. I just cant wait til Gage can sit still. still LOVE IT!

ps lets go hiking soon!???

meg said...

Mauri, I need you to send me that picture of me and Logan to my gmail account. :) I had an awesome time! I love the rodeo!