Saturday, June 13, 2009

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang We Love You!

I love going to Broadway shows and I am so glad that Salt Lake City has a great Broadway program. Over the years I have gone to some really fun shows like Mamma Mia, Peter Pan, Annie, Beauty and the Beast, The Phantom of the Opera, Throughly Modern Millie, ... the list goes on and on. On Saturday I had tickets to take Michela and Hunter to go see Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. I absolutely love the movie and I was hoping the musical would be a fun night out for me and the kids. My sister Tiffany and a friend of hers were coming as well.
Well about an hour before we were planning on leaving Hunter decided he was NOT going. He started throwing a fit and there was no way I was going to drag him along with us. I started calling everyone I could think of so that the ticket wouldn't go to waste. Luckily after many calls my friend Jenny called me back and said she would love to come.
We started off the night going to a pizza place in Draper called NYPD pizza. They have yummy thin crust New York style pizza. We split the Pesto Pizza and the Mariano Pizza. Both were very delicious and to top it all off we got a bag of these yummy little goodies that were kind of like doughnut holes covered in cinnamon and sugar. So Good!
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang ended up being such a darling show. The cast did a great job and all of my favorite songs were sung beautifully. The kids who played Jeremy and Jemmima were adorable and did such a good job. The musical was funny and sweet and we all had a great time. I love being able to take Michela to stuff like this so I can share my love of music, dance and the theater with her. The star of the show though, was the car itself! It must have been on some kind of platform hydraulic system because it was lifted up in the air and kind of flew around the stage. So much fun!

2 comments:

meg said...

That's so much fun! Glad you found someone for the extra ticket. I'll have to try the NYPD pizza place while we're out. What a cool thing to take Michela to.

Kris Tina said...

I debated about chitty chitty but with this review - i'm tempted. Thanks for the heads-up.