Saturday, June 6, 2009

My Sweet Boy

I took Hunter in to the doctor on Thursday because he had a croupy cough.  I was hoping to get some medicine and be out of there as quick as can be so that we would be able to pack up to go to St. George the next day.  Unfortunately that didn't happen.  Hunter ended up testing positive for the flu.  Yuck!  He has now been quarantined to his room for the last three days.  Luckily he has the loft in his room where he can watch movies and play video games.  I gave him a new book to help with the boredom and of course he whipped through it as fast as can be.  When I brought him his dinner I asked him if he had liked the book and he said yes, but that it had two bad words in it.  What?!  This is a children's book and I was sweating over what could possibly be in there.  "Oh," I said, "what words were they?"  He replied, "Idiot and Stupid."  I just stood there for a moment and I was about to say that those weren't really bad words when I stopped myself.  We always tell the kids that these kind of words are mean and we shouldn't ever say them to anyone else so they were "bad" words to him.  Don't you just love the innocence of youth?  I was so relieved that they weren't any worse than that.  "I'm sorry those words were in the book buddy," I apologized.  "It's okay Mom... do you want to hear about this one really funny part?"  I love that kid.  :)

3 comments:

My Life as a Domestic Goddess said...

Poor Hunter, hope he is doing better. You will love the hike when you go. We did the short version with the kids. Take the Emeralds Pool trail after you cross the bridge we went to the right. Going left is the long way. Your kids are older and if you can carry Aria at times I would go to the left and go all the way to the top and back down. Either way is awesome.

My Life as a Domestic Goddess said...

That last comment is from Lynette

Anonymous said...

Ahh--what a sweetheart! I remember when "shut up" was a swear word. I like thinking of him quarantined to his loft. Glad he's feeling better.