Friday, May 29, 2009

School is Out!

Today was the last day of school for the kiddos.  Actually last hour and a half, I wouldn't really call that a day.  Does anyone else's school do this ridiculous thing?  I took the kids to school and had just enough time to go home, do 40 minutes of weight lifting, jump in the shower and then race back down there to get pictures of the kids with their teachers.  It's a good thing I went down there because I ended up taking some other neighborhood stragglers home who missed the bus.
Chase had a fantastic year.  He actually loved going to school every day.  His teacher, Mrs. Jones, was so amazing.  I loved going in to help out every week in her class.  She just adores her students and makes learning so much fun.  She sings a lot, which makes me smile because I am always singing things to my kids too.  Chase made some great friends this year and he is so excited to be a 1st grader next year.
Hunter was in Spanish Immersion this year.  He learned a lot and I'm amazed at how well he can speak Spanish already.  He is such a shy kid but he made some good friends this year.  Miss Campos was a very fun teacher.  I loved going into their class and the music would be playing and the kids were dancing around while they were learning their spelling words.  Hunter is a great little student and did such a good job this year.
Michela was in 4th grade and had a good time making lots of new friends.  She continued to do so well in school and had so much fun this year.  They did so many great activities and field trips.  Her teacher, Miss Burrows, was brand new to teaching and had so much love and patience for her students.  She won't be coming back next year because she decided to go on a mission.  Yes, she is that young.  She just got her mission call to Ukraine.  
I was so worried at the beginning of the year about how they would adjust to this new school, but it all turned out great in the end.  I don't know why I worry so much!  I've really grown to love their school and all of the faculty there.  It's been a great school year and hopefully we will have lots of fun this summer.  Now does anyone have any ideas on how to keep four children entertained all day?! 

2 comments:

meg said...

Wow, that is young! Out already? We still have 2 weeks left, I guess you started a bit earlier than us. Way to go kids, you made it through a whole year of school!

Anonymous said...

I wish your kids could come to my writing camp. I love that you took such darling photos of all of them with their teachers. I am going to do that this week! That's so great when all of them love their teachers and love school. That's how it has been for us this year and it's a very happy place.