Thursday, May 28, 2009

Bobcat

Hunter started scouts last month and he has been so excited about it. When we first got his scouting book he was looking through it and I kept hearing, "Cool", "Awesome", and "Can we make this?" Scouts is the perfect thing for Hunter, he is having a great time with it.
At pack meeting he received his Bobcat award.
He worked so hard at passing it off. It was fun to see him as they were drawing all the symbols on his face.
It is the beginning of a long list of hard work and awards yet to come. I'm actually pretty excited about it all. Poor Michela is so jealous, she would love to be a cub scout. We'll just have to let her join in on the fun whenever possible. I remember being an honorary scout when my brothers did scouting. Mike already helped Hunter and Michela make rubber band paddle boats. They actually floated quite well in our bathtub. With the rate Hunter is going I'll probably be blogging about his Eagle Scout in no time at all. :)
Yes, I know the shirt is a bit long, in fact it looks like a dress, but we had just bought his shirt a couple of hours before the meeting. I only had time to sew on a couple of patches. I ended up having to duct tape his den number on his sleeve. Yikes! I'll have to hem his shirt so he can actually tuck it in.

1 comment:

Alex McMurray said...

Hello? Brownies? =) Girl Scouts? I'll send you my orders via e-mail for cookies!