Saturday, May 2, 2009

Hunter's Baptism


Wow, I can't believe my little boy is old enough to be baptized. What an exciting day it was for Hunter and our family. It's been a couple of weeks of preparation. We had a great Family Home Evening lesson all about Baptism and the Holy Ghost. When I asked Hunter what it means to get baptized he said, "we can have all our sins washed away." Then I asked him why this was important and he said, "because I have a lot of them!" Oh my goodness, he is such a character.

Hunter and I also had a great little Mom and Son shopping trip for a suit. He was making me laugh because he was walking about five feet behind me the entire time. When did he start feeling embarrassed to being seen with me?! We had to try on like 10 different suits before we found the perfect one. And of course we had to get it big because he grows like 2" every month! I had a good night of hemming! He looked so handsome in his new suit and tie.
I felt like I was beaming the entire day!
We were so proud of Hunter and his decision to be baptized. He is such a good boy, so caring and sweet. He always surprises me during Family Home Evening and Scripture time. I think he's not listening and I'll ask him a question and 95% of the time he has an answer.

It was a wonderful baptism, short, sweet and so full of the spirit. I was so thankful to Grandma Peggy for letting Hunter know how strong the spirit was in the room when she got up to say the opening prayer. I hope he remembers how that felt for the rest of his life. It felt so good to see Mike baptizing Hunter in front of our family and close friends. What a sweet and tender blessing Mike gave Hunter as he confirmed him a member of the church and blessed him to receive the Holy Ghost. I am so grateful that Mike is a worthy priesthood holder and can perform these special ordinances for our children. My heart is full as a Mother and I am so thankful for my sweet children.

Here's Hunter with the wonderful men who helped to confirm and bless him. Uncle Brian, Uncle Matt, Dad, Grandpa Larry and Ben Peterson. What a lucky kid Hunter is to have so many great examples of righteous and caring men in his life.
The primary gave him a little baptism questionaire to fill out and it is going to be read tomorrow in sharing time. It asked what his favorite part of the baptism was and Hunter wrote, "pulling the plug." He was the last baptism of the day so he and Mike were asked to pull the plug in the font. He thought that was a pretty cool thing to do.

4 comments:

Kris Tina said...

How great! He looks so handsome (and big!)

Chelsea said...

Congrats Hunter! Big day for you! I still remember my Baptism, and it was a LONG time ago. Hope you have just as good of memories from yours...

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Hunter! Baptisms are such special days--I don't know Hunter very well, but those photos made me cry immediately. Way to go!

meg said...

I can't believe I didn't comment on this! Hunter, you look so handsome!! Way to go!! What a special day!