This morning I got to lead the primary in singing Happy Birthday to myself! Very awkward. Mike and the kids gave me beautiful potted flowers out in the yard. Gorgeous!
Here are some hanging baskets of dancing ladies. At least that's what we called them when we were growing up, I actually don't know the flower's real name.
We had a yummy dinner at Mike's parents' house with his family. And the weather was so beautiful. Not too cold and lots of rain. I wish it would rain once a week just so I could enjoy that lovely weather. I love how rain just washes all the grime away and everything looks so clean and beautiful afterwards.
Mike's mom cracked me up when she said now that I have turned 35 I am half way through. I asked, "halfway through what?" She said, "when I turned 35 I figured I was halfway through my life. After 70 I won't be worth much to anyone anymore." What? Don't you know that 70 is the new 60? My Mom is turning 70 this year and she is incredible! She walks the Berkeley Hills every single day for at least an hour. She is smart as a whip, gardens, teaches piano, and has the best sense of humor. When I look at her I think 70 isn't old at all! It's funny, but when I hit 30 I felt like my life was just getting going. In my 20s I was always so unsure of myself and didn't know what I needed to be doing. I am loving the 30s! I feel like I am in the best shape of my life, I have a confidence in myself that I never have had before, I know my purpose in life, I know where I'm headed, I have an amazing family, a sweet husband and wonderful friends. I'm actually excited for what lies ahead of me.
Tomorrow we are having a little barbecue with friends and the best birthday present of all is tomorrow night. My sister got us tickets to go see No Doubt and Paramore in concert at the E Center. I am so excited! We saw that they were coming and we had talked about it a couple of weeks ago and wished we could go but probably guessed it would be sold out. I can't wait to see Gwen and the boys back together again playing all of my favorite songs! I guess when you turn 35 you deserve an entire birthday weekend, don't you think?!
4 comments:
Well, that doesn't look like 35 candles! Oh Mauri, I'm so glad your my SouL Sistah. I wish I could have been there to help celebrate your birthday. Happy Birthday to the best SIL (oh, Hi, Sara) a gal could have! :) Love you, girl!!
Happy Birthday Mauri! I forgot our birthdays were so close. We almost did the same scenario--taking the kids to the Smithsonian movie and eating pizza! So funny! I'm 38--that means my life is over half way over! Holy Cow! I thought I'd be smarter by now! Glad you had a good day!
Happy Birthday! You are so cute and I am glad you have had such a great birthday!
Hope to see you guys soon.
xoxo
Happy Birthday from me too! I kept seeing it coming up on the Birthday calendar and then I missed it cause I was out goofing off. Looks like you had a great Birthday week.
I thought I was soooo old and over the hill when I got divorced at 37. Now looking back I was still such a YOUNG hottie. Now that I am 51 I feel like I am still so young. Working my way to 60 is weird to think about but hopefully I will feel the same way. What freaks me out the most is Peggy will be 63 be fore I know it and that is how old mom was when she died. Wow, I knew that was young at the time but now that Pegs that close I realize even more that Mom did not live very long! Time is going by soooo fast!
Post a Comment