Thursday, December 18, 2008

Gingerbread Houses

Chase came home with a couple of gingerbread houses he had made at school this year. Of course this made Michela and Hunter declare that it wasn't fair and I had to promise them that we would make them for Family night some night. Well, I kept putting it off until it was almost too late! We had a fun time making our houses. After the kids stopped stressing about making a peaked roof they had a great time. Mike was more into eating frosting and graham crackers than actually constructing a house.

Michela ended up having the heaviest house. She had so much frosting and candy on there I thought the house was going to drop through the plate!















Hunter quickly embraced the flat roof. He had a lot of fun designing how he was going to put his candy on.
Chase had a little pumpkin patch around his house. He, as usual, had more fun eating the candy than actually building the house.















My house actually turned out pretty well. Mine was the only one with a successful peaked roof.
I love having traditions like this that we can all do as a family.

No comments: