Friday, December 26, 2008

Cordonices Park

Growing up we used to go to this park in Berkeley as much as possible because it had a cement slide that you could go down. We would bring our cardboard pieces and have the best time zooming down the slide. I took the kids there a couple of years ago and when we were out there for Christmas we decided it would be fun to go again. Kurt and his family were there too, so the grandkids had a blast going down the slide. I love the expressions on their faces. Many times they have a look of fear mixed with exhilaration. I think Hunter scared himself pretty bad on this one.

Michela went so fast one time that she ended up going off of the end of the slide.










Even Tiffany and I got into it, I guess those speed demon tendencies don't go away with age.












Chase got a little bit beat up on his first run down. His hands rubbed against the cement. He had more fun playing on the swings and other slides in the park. Aria had fun swinging with "My Daddy".
















Chase finally did work up the courage for one more ride. Dad's gloves helped him feel safer. It was fun having the whole family there. Aria just loved hanging out with Uncle "Deve".















After the park we walked through the tunnel to go to the Rose Garden across the street. There were actually a few roses blooming. The kids had fun running up and down the steps and hiding in the bushes. Through a miracle we were able to get them all to sit down so we could take a picture. That's one Grandma is going to love!

1 comment:

meg said...

I especially like the photos of you and Tiff, love it!