Chase: "Mom, when I die and I'm crucified..."
Mom: "What? Do you mean resurrected?"
Chase: "Oh yeah, resurrected. When I die and I'm resurrected, I'll be a baby..."
Mom: "No Chase, you won't be a baby, you'll be a man like Dad."
Michela: "Yeah, you'll be an old grandpa like Dad. He, He, He..."
Mom: "You'll be the same age as when you die."
Hunter: "So if I die right now, I'll be seven forever? Cool!"
A few minutes later:
Hunter: "I'm very sympathetic."
Michela: "No you're not!"
Mom: "Hunter, do you know what sympathetic means?"
Hunter: "Uhh..."
Michela: "It means you feel sorry for someone. Geez!" (She totally sounds like Napoleon when she does this. )
Mom: "Yes, it means you feel bad for someone when they get hurt or are sad and you feel like you want to help them."
Children thinking.
Mom: "Do you know what empathy means?"
Michela: "Is that the opposite of sympathy?"
Mom: "Nope. It means you know how someone feels because you've gone through the same thing. Like if you broke your leg a little while ago and then your friend broke their leg you would feel bad for them and you would understand what they were going through."
Hunter: "Like me and Adam (his best friend) both know what it feels like to be kicked in the back?"
Mom: "Exactly" (Giggling)
8 comments:
Hahaha! Sometimes I wish I had a conversation recorder to keep those funny moments!
Classic. So sweet. Kind of wish you could bottle it up and keep it forever.
That't funny.I can't wait for moments like that.
Maury- I'm jusy impressed that Michela knew the definition of sympathetic! I wanted to let you know my blog address. I finally have it up and running and have been somewhat consistent on posting! It's pancrew.blogspot.com. See ya on the web!... Amy
I love those sweet little conversations we have with our kids. It makes it all worth it!
We got your Christmas card Monday.
Thank you very much.
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
That is a funny story! I just watched the video of them sticking out their tongues at the camera in the school Christmas program. Partners in crime.
I hate getting kicked in the back.
So funny. Aren't you glad you recorded that conversation? :)
Post a Comment