Friday, May 4, 2012

Operation Egg Drop

Chase had an Egg drop project for school.  He thought about the best way to do it.  One thought was to stick in a jar of peanut butter, he saw it on Shake It Up, but I thought that could get way too messy.  The next idea was a parachute.  Parachute number one didn't fair too well.  We tried using a plastic garbage bag tied to a gift bag, but the bag didn't catch enough air and the gift bag was too heavy.  Next we cut out a big circle from a trash bag.  We put the egg inside of a plastic easter egg lined with cotton balls, and put the egg into a paper lunch sack lined with light weight cloth diapers.  We tied it all together and it was ready for launch.
Chase was so excited when the janitor called his name and threw his parachute into the air.
 
It floated gently down and landed with a soft thud.  Chase was so happy it had worked so well.

After opening the bag and tearing the tape off of the plastic egg he found that his egg was still intact.  The project was a success!

After we said goodbye to Chase I took Laina and Aria over to the park for a little play time.  Laina charged right up the stairs and climbed all the way to the top of the tallest slide.  I yelled at Aria to go with her, but Laina didn't even balk about the height and just launched herself down the slide.





 Of course I panicked a bit seeing her up there so high all by herself, but when I saw the pure joy on her face when she came down I quickly got over it.  They had fun climbing up and sliding down every slide the park had to offer.


By the end their hair was standing on end from all of the static electricity generated by those plastic slides.  It was a beautiful sunny day and the girls had a perfectly beautiful time together.  I can't wait for more days like these.

No comments: