Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Boots


Laina is getting to be such a big girl!  She totally cracks me up with all of her talking and silly antics.  She is obsessed with boots right now and is often seen wearing one of Aria's pair of boots.  Personally I think she looks like a little swashbuckling baby pirate.  Here she was proudly showing off her boots to me.

She is talking up a storm lately.  It's like there are new words coming out of her mouth every day!  My favorite is when she sings all the names in our family.  She goes around singing, "Daddy, Mommy, Lala, Hundo, Dace, Aria."  It is the cutest thing to hear.  She also loves to point out people in pictures.  The funniest is when she is in the picture.  I'll ask her, "Who's that?"  She'll point at herself and say, "You!"  Makes me laugh every time.  She even learned Uncle Cuckoo's name.  Uncle Cuckoo is my brother Craig.  I would point him out on our calendar and she soon was saying Cuckoo every time she went past it.  Craig was so happy when we were out in California a couple of weeks ago and she would say it every time she was around him.
She is getting good at telling me what she wants.  "I wan Juice."  "I wan Molk (Milk)."  "I wan Pantate (Pancake)."  "I wan cookie."  "I wan Grake (grape)."  "I wan Moothie (smoothie)."

She's also a little copycat and mimics everything that Aria is doing.  My favorite is when she tries to copy Aria's dancing moves.  She's like a little shadow.
Love this sweet little girl and how much joy she brings to her family.  What would we have ever done without her?!

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

She is so cute! I can't believe how gif they get so fast. I love it when they start to talk and pick up word....it's fun to hear them create their own language.

Chelsea said...

I should have checked my message before I posted! ha! I meant to say "I can't believe how BIG they get so fast..."

Anyway, look at me trying to creat MY own language :)

Kristina Clemens said...

Haha! Yay for boots...and big smiles. So cute! =)
Kristina J.