The other day as we were eating dinner Mike looked out the window and saw this lovely sight outside.

It's been raining a lot lately (love it!) so we have had plenty of opportunities for beautiful rainbows. I couldn't believe how bright this one was!

A funny story. About a week ago we had a really big thunder and lightning storm in the middle of the night. The thunder was so loud, it sounded like a bomb going off. The one that woke me up sounded like it was right outside our window and caused the house to totally shake. I bolted out of bed and ran out to check on the kids. Michela was peering out her blinds, the boys were sound asleep (they could sleep through a stampede of elephants running through their room) and Aria was laying in her bed with wide eyes. I walked in and she looked at me, totally terrified, and said, "I was scared to the noise Mom!" I laid down with her for 2 hours. The thunder kept up for quite a while. I think maybe 3 or 4 storms passed over us during that time. Poor little Aria kept her hands over her ears the whole time. She wouldn't let me pull them away! Finally we kind of wrapped her blanket around her ears and she was finally able to go back to sleep. Sweet little thing, I'd do anything for my baby girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment