Monday, October 19, 2009

Pumpkin Harvest

When we planted our garden this year we decided to try our hand at growing some pumpkins. We planted them outside our fence along our back wall. The plant went crazy! Those vines cover everything in their path. It was kind of fun to see pumpkins growing on the rocks of the wall.
This pumpkin even started growing into a space between two rocks.

The kids picked their favorite pumpkins. There were enough good ones for them to each have one.
We put them out on our front porch and Sunday morning we noticed one was missing. On the drive to church we found it smashed in the gutter up the street. Come on, can't the hoodlums wait until after Halloween?!

2 comments:

MiNdY said...

That is so awesome!! A Little pumpkin patch in your own back yard! Awesome shots! And sorry to hear about your pumpkin. I would not expect that in your hood! haha :)

Lynette said...

I am jealous about the pumpkins! I have been wanting a spot to grow pumpkins for awhile. I tried a few plants in St. George and all I got was a sickly little 5 foot vine.:( That variety looks good. I love the dark orange color.
Way to go!
Sorry about the jerks that trashed your pumpkin. Well I otta!