Thursday, July 9, 2009

Dinosaurs!

On Tuesday evening we met up with Peggy, Megan, Mindy and the cousins for a trip to the Dinosaur Museum at Thanksgiving Point. I couldn't believe how empty it was! This turned out to be the perfect time to go, the kids basically had the whole museum to themselves. This has turned out to be an annual trip whenever Megan and her family come to visit in the summer. With Grandma's grandparent pass it also makes it a fun cheap outing. Aria working on a dinosaur puzzle. Unfortunately I think all the puzzles had pieces missing.Alyssa clowing around with the dinosaur head. "Roar!" The water erosion table is always a big hit. The kids were busy building islands, dams, rivers and the little kids were enjoying throwing the sand and dinosaurs. Logan and Aria had fun planting trees and playing with the dinos.Chase was busy at work on his creation. He was the last one at the table.I love this little dinosaur. I try to get a picture of the kids on it every time we go. Aria cooperated this year so I got one of all four of them. They are getting a bit too big to all fit on it though.
The Wooly Mammoth is a favorite. The kids are always awed by its enormous size. I sure am glad I never have had to tangle with one of those!The last stop of the museum is the sand excavation pit. The kids could spend hours in there uncovering bones and covering them back up. This time they even had fun burying each other. Hunter's feet were buried in the sand and he couldn't get them out. He was such a sad little boy. Ha, Ha... :)A cute picture of the grandkids. Unfortunatley Sara and her kids had too much going on to come and join us. What a good looking group of kids!

2 comments:

MiNdY said...

Aww.. CUTE pictures!! :) Way fun! So glad I was able to go!

meg said...

I love the dino museum! I love the grandparents pass, and I love to spend time with you guys!