Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Draper Temple

On Monday we were finally able to go to the Draper Temple Open House.  We had reservations for two Thursdays ago but I ended up getting the stomach flu so we had to adjust our plans.  We had a bit of a wait, I think all the other Alpine School District students were there with their families as well.  Aria kept asking when we were going to ride on the bus.  The only pictures we got were while we were waiting and on the bus.  By the time we got out of the temple is was very cold and starting to snow.  We tried to get a look at the temple by driving up past it and over the mountain but the fog was so thick we could hardly see ten feet in front of us!














 








The temple was beautiful!  I couldn't believe all the amazing detail and construction.  Of course Mike couldn't talk enough about the carpet and woodworking.  :)  The kids all loved the baptismal font with the oxen and the super blue water.  Hunter and Michela loved the chandeliers in the celestial room and the sealing room we were in.  They kept asking if they were made of diamonds.  Aria loved the bus ride and the cookies, well we all loved the cookies.  I loved all of the beautiful artwork displayed and the murals in the ordinance rooms were gorgeous. It's a smaller temple so it felt very cozy, almost like being in a house sometimes.  I got a bit choked up in the sealing room as we all sat there together as a family.  This was such a special way to spend the day as a family.  I was so impressed with the kids' reverence throughout the temple.  And the best part was feeling such peace and comfort while we were there and seeing the same feeling in the faces of my children.  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet. We had a good experience too. Telacia told me that Davin said his favorite part of the temple was the "cookie room." Worth the challenge to get there!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
meg said...

How fun! What a great experience for all the kids too! Everyone looks so sharp in their Sunday best. :)

MiNdY said...

Ahh.. very cool. It is amazing what goes into making them. Glad you guys got up there! I should have taken lys and west!