On Saturday I put Aria down for her nap, she wasn't quite asleep yet, and I went outside to watch the kids ride their bikes. Mike got home soon after and had the Segway with him. So we all took turns riding the Segway around the driveway and cul-de-sac and and were having a lot of fun.
About 20-30 minutes after I had put Aria down I heard her screaming like crazy through the intercom. I quickly ran inside and up to her room. When I threw the door open I stopped in surprise to not see her in her crib but I could still hear her. I looked around the room and finally noticed a little hand poking up behind the big chair by the window. She was behind the chair! It suddenly dawned on me that she must have climbed out of her crib. I asked her what had happened and she said, "I climb out my crib and I climb on my chair. I look out my window and I fall off my chair. " I can't believe she hadn't gotten hurt! She must have heard Mike's voice and just couldn't stand not seeing Daddy.
So I put her back in her crib and told her to show me how she got out. She promptly threw her leg over the side and climbed out of the crib. I couldn't believe it! None of the other kids had ever tried to climb out when they were little and Chase was in there until he was 2 1/2! So yesterday I decided to video her and here's her performance.
Ta Da! Don't you just love her showmanship!
So the day after she first climbed out we were watching Funny Videos again. And guess which video they showed? I watched the little boy climbing out and he climbed out exactly the same way as Aria did. She is so funny, she is a total copycat. Sometimes I am amazed at what she takes in and remembers.
She hasn't once climbed out at night or her nap time after the first time. She still waits there patiently reading her books until I come and get her out. The only time she does it is when someone asks her to. The kids wanted to see her do it this afternoon. We all laughed when she got out. Then Michela asked her if she could climb in, so she goes over to the crib and tries it out. She did it! Here's the funny video of our crazy monkey climbing back into the crib. If you notice she is always saying, "Yes!" after she makes it in both videos. What a character!
4 comments:
Uh Oh! She is the cutest thing! You need to get the crib tent--greatest creation since sliced bread as far as I'm concerned. I still zip Seth up in his little tent and he can't escape :)
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I am so not showing this one to Sean Bear, 'cuse then I would really be in trouble. What a little gymnast Aria is! I laughed so hard!
Okay--welcome to my world...what are you going to do? Does she still go to sleep easily for you? If so, I am WAY jealous! Even the crib tent has it limits with Anna! Good luck!
She actually still goes to sleep for me. The only time she climbs out, so far, is when she is performing for someone. She still calls out for me when she wakes up and waits while she reads her books until some one comes and gets her. Lucky!
Post a Comment