Monday, June 30, 2008

Baseball Season is Over

Michela, Hunter and Chase had a lot of fun playing baseball this month. Chase was on a great little T-Ball team called the Tigers and Hunter and Michela both played on the same Machine Pitch team for the A's.
Chase loved getting up to bat and whacking the ball. He didn't need any help from the coach, he just stepped up, kept his eye on the ball and let 'er rip! I loved watching him run the bases because the helmets are all a little big so he kind of looked like a little bobble head running around out there. Here he is giving me the thumbs up after he got to first base. Chase also has a great arm. He could throw the ball from first base all the way to home.
Hunter made some great improvements this year. He isn't afraid of the ball anymore, he's throwing better and he was getting some great hits.


Michela shocked the boys once again with her skills. They were kind of giving her a hard time until in the first game she made a great play at third and got the ball over to first. The runner would have been out if the BOY at first would have been on the stinkin' base! :) Here she is getting ready to catch the ball at First.

She also continued to hit the ball just as good as the boys. Here she is just about to crush it. I had a lot of fun watching them this year. I love cheering them on and watching with pride as they connect with the ball or make a great play out on the field. I can remember when I was out there playing baseball when I was their age, the only girl on the team. Those were some good times. I hope my kids enjoy it as much as I did.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Oh, a bittersweet ending to another fun season! (Only 14 more to go... enjoy every one!)